Exhibition

Artist:

Song Da Bin

17:25

18:00

Tea Party & Jazz Concert

Song Da Bin (1994 ~)

Graduated from Chungnam National University

Song Da Bin, the very first artist of Art Lab Daejeon, is a young artist who graduated from the Painting Department of Chungnam University in 2017 and is currently based in Daejeon. Song Da Bin's work, which attracts the association of texts and the underlying thoughts, gestures, environment, and memory, has been recognized for its potential for development, and has been selected as the artist of the first Art Lab Daejeon's competition this year. Her work begins with the recognition of the feelings that every individual shares as a human being. The work started as a desire to keep the different memories of the viewer by the text. These memorized memories are stored in square space of M2 for three weeks, literally interwoven with letters and pictures.

In Song Da Bin 's work, the text functions as inseparable. This is because the artist assumes that images and text can not be separated in various contexts used to form a personality. This work also comes from the grand prize of semiotics. The artist considers a human being as the totality of cultural products, and sees these individual humans as texts that reveal their respective contexts. At M2, where Song Da Bin's work is kept, visitors are included in one huge context while at the same time visiting their texts.

What is interesting in Song Da Bin's work is that he refuses to position himself as an insider, or an outsider, that creates his own emotions. Her work of vinyl material reflects this psychological state. The transparency of the material 'vinyl' allows viewers to see what lies beyond the confined space. Walking between works, viewers look into the other side in a transparent way and cross them. At the same time, however, the material properties of vinyl block the inside and the outside. Through the vinyl, the viewer feels that the transparent space is blocked by real objects. The artist himself expresses this as follows.

"It was because I wanted my feelings to walk through him, hanging the vinyl and transparent paper in the air. I wanted my emotions to protect me, but I wanted to look at people through glass walls made for me. "

The wall made of vinyl is a place to be a refuge, but also a place where the other can look inside, and both safety and instability are represented at the same time. Through such work, the hiding places, the plaza, the insiders and outsiders are constantly displaced.

푸터

LEEUNGNO MUSEUM

#157, Dunsan-daero, Seo-gu, Daejeon, 35204, South Korea / Tel : 042) 611-9800 / Fax : 042) 611-9819

팝업 닫기

게시글 작성시 등록하셨던
비밀번호를 등록하여 주십시오.